David Burbidge CBE DL
Chairman of Burbidge and Son Ltd, which manufactures quality kitchen furniture in Coventry. Chairman of Coventry City of Culture 2021 bid.
Awarded a CBE in 2016 for services to Cultural Philanthropy in West Midlands.
Awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Coventry University in 2015.
Previous roles include:
- Chairman of Burbidge Capital Limited in Nairobi providing corporate finance advisory services in East Africa.
- Master of the Worshipful Company of Furniture Makers in 2005 and Freeman of the City of London.
- Director of the Coventry Building Society for 20+ years and chairman of their £50m pension fund.
- Founding Chairman of Coventry Cathedral Development Trust, which raised over £5 million for the Cathedral ministry and endowment.
- President of City of Coventry Scout County for 12+ years.
- Chairman of Belgrade Theatre until 2008.
- Main Board member of RSC and Chairman of the Central Campaign for the £112 million Transformation project.
- Chairman of RSC Pension Fund Trustees
- Councillor Warwick Council
- High Sheriff West Midlands in 1990/1991
Appointed in 1991. Chair of Coventry Ambassadors, Business Ambassador