Stewart Towe CBE DL
Trained as an Accountant with Farmiloe & Co.
1976 moved into Industry as Group Accountant.
Appointed to the Main Board in 1978 taking responsibility for the commercial and financial development of the Group. Completed the buy-out of the business in 2006.
Hadley have grown from £1 million annual turnover in the mid-1970’s to exceeding £120 million annual turnover in 2016/17. Growth has been primarily by product development, not acquisition. Hadley have manufacturing plants in the Middle East, Far East, Europe and licensees throughout the world.
- Appointed as Business in the Community’s Regional Ambassador for West Midlands by HRH The Prince of Wales, 2007
- High Sheriff of the West Midlands 2012
- Pro-Chancellor – University of Wolverhampton (2014-2019)
- Chair – Business in the Community, WM Region (2009-2014)
- Chair – Black Country L.E.P. (December 2010 onwards)
- Chair of Governors at Bromsgrove School, Sandwell Academy and The Ace Academy & Sixth Form Centre, Tipton
- Governor - Universities of Wolverhampton and Aston
- Patron – The Prince’s Trust
Appointed in 2013. Chair of Business Ambassadors, Sandwell Ambassador