In April, The Lord-Lieutenant of West Midlands received the 6 new Lord-Lieutenant Cadets who will support the Lieutenancy during the next 12 months:
- Cadet Sergeant Safiyah Leith (Army Cadet Force)
- Cadet Sergeant Adam Thompson (Army Cadet Force)
- Cadet Flight Sergeant Raees Ijaz (Air Training Corps)
- Cadet Warrant Officer Rhys Morgan (Air Training Corps)
- Cadet Sergeant Hannah Gray (Air Training Corps)
- Able Cadet Thomas Harvey (Sea Cadet Corps)
The Lord-Lieutenant’s Cadets will support the Lord-Lieutenant as required on special occasions such as British Empire Medal presentations, Armed Forces Day, Queen's Award presentations, and Civic Services and Remembrance Sunday events across the West Midlands.
The Installation ceremony took place on 12th April at Birmingham Council House. The Cadets were joined by their families for the evening. The Cadets on the left below are the incoming cadets, with last year’s Cadets on the right. The Lord-Lieutenant presented each of the outgoing Cadets with their certificates. Each Cadet also gave a brief speech about their highlight event of the year as a Lord-Lieutenant Cadet.