Chairman of Burbidge and Son Ltd, which manufactures quality kitchen and bathroom furniture in Coventry. David is Chairman of Coventry City of Culture Trust, Chair of the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra and Director of Albany Piccadilly Trustee Companies.
Awarded a CBE in 2016 for services to Cultural Philanthropy in West Midlands.
Awarded an Honorary Doctorate of University of Warwick and Coventry University.
Previous roles include:
- Chairman of Burbidge Capital Limited in Nairobi providing corporate finance advisory services in East Africa.
- Master of the Worshipful Company of Furniture Makers in 2005 and Freeman of the City of London.
- Director of the Coventry Building Society for 20+ years and chairman of their 50m pension fund.
- Founding Chairman of Coventry Cathedral Development Trust, which raised over 5 million for the Cathedral ministry and endowment.
- President of City of Coventry Scout County for 12+ years.
- Chairman of Belgrade Theatre until 2008.
- Main Board member of RSC and Chairman of the Central Campaign for the 112 million Transformation project.
- Chairman of RSC Pension Fund Trustees
- Councillor Warwick Council
- High Sheriff West Midlands in 1990/1991
Appointed in 1991.