Stewart trained as an Accountant with Farmiloe & Co, and in 1976 moved into Industry as Group Accountant. He was appointed to the Main Board in 1978 taking responsibility for the commercial and financial development of the Group. Completed the buy-out of the business in 2006. Hadley have grown from 1 million annual turnover in the mid-1970’s to exceeding 120 million annual turnover in 2016/17. Growth has been primarily by product development, not acquisition. Hadley have manufacturing plants in the Middle East, Far East, Europe and licensees throughout the world.
In 2008 Stewart was awarded CBE for services to industry in the West Midlands.
- Appointed as Business in the Community’s Regional Ambassador for West Midlands by HRH The Prince of Wales 2007
- High Sheriff of the West Midlands 2012
- Pro-Chancellor University of Wolverhampton
- Chair Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership
- Patron The Prince’s Trust
Previous positions include; Chair of Governors at Bromsgrove School, Chair of Governors Sandwell Academy and Chair of Governors The Ace Academy & Sixth Form Centre, Tipton. Chair of Business in the Community, WM Region and Governor Universities of Wolverhampton and Aston
Appointed in 2013.